India is now in the phase of giving access to free and compulsory education to every child of India. Education now becomes an essential element for the overall development of the personality. United Nations has also recognized Right to education is a human right. Education helps individuals to optimize their potential in the right way. It develops the analytical power and makes the correct decision-maker. This all will acquire by getting access to knowledge from the outer world.
Education becomes crucial to one’s life as it helps individuals to realize their real potential. Also, it helps for the effective growth of a nation. Hence, it is very much important for a nation to realize the importance of education and make it compulsory for every citizen. It is also called an inherent right.
4A’s of Education
Education must be available, accessible, acceptable, and adaptable. Every person should make access to it and get benefits at least basic learning knowledge.
Elementary education should be made available to all without any cost. Children can access education at every corner of India. At least the children can avail their basic knowledge to give a boost to their standard of living.
Nobody should be discriminated against based on caste, class, creed, race, sex color, and economic status. All educational institutions should be made accessible to everyone whether be a girl or a boy.
It should be made affordable and equitable to all.
School education fulfilling the national norms and be acceptable to the parents for their child. The norms are set by the government of India. Learning methods also make it easy so that everyone can access it easily.
Adaptability means education can be flexible and easy. All levels of children can access education easily. It promotes equal outcomes for learners.
Importance of Right to Education
Education is essential for the development of children. It is going to be the first step to tackle poverty in India. Education is most important in many ways but most importantly it helps individuals to think,
Question and make decisions.
It helps individuals to think practically and avoid believing in superstition. Educated people have well-developed self-esteem. They took better decisions in their life. Education also helps to remove unemployment from the country. As it helps in upskilling the youth of the society. Without complete education, life is like an empty well that is meant for none.
Benefits of Right To Education
There are many benefits of the right to education some of them are as follows:-
- Education brings many positive changes to society in terms of ease of education.
- It also controls the educational institutions’ fee structure, which befits the people from the sudden hike of the fees.
- It also removes any kind of discrimination from society. Also, this provision benefits the disabled too.
- The act also mandates the admission of children who cannot afford to pay their fees. So, it will be beneficial for the unprivileged people to enter into education.
Right to Education Act (RTE Act)
The right to education act get enact on 4 August 2009 by the Parliament of India. It emphasizes the importance of free and compulsory education for children between 6 to 14 years of children in India. It has been defined under Article 21(A) of the Constitution of India. India has become one of the 135 countries making education a fundamental right. Under this norms are underline for elementary schools, prohibits interview at the time of admission.
The Right to Education Act figures out the and responsibilities of the center and state to reduce the gap between the educational system. It helps to enhance the quality of education in the country.
However, the act was com into force on 1 April 2010. It states the responsibility of the government to empower every child with free and compulsory elementary education.
Provision under Right to Education
Following are the provisions mention under the Right to education act are:-
- Provides free and compulsory elementary education to children at the age of 14 years.
- Compulsory education means to ensure compulsory admission, attendance, and completion of elementary education to every child in the 6 to 14 age group. And free means no Children have to pay any kind of charges to avail education.
- It makes it mandatory for children who are not attending class will get admission to their appropriate class.
- Also, it specifies the duty and responsibility of the central, state, and local bodies toward education.
- It also provides the provision of teachers’ qualifications for entry into academics.
- There is also a well-defined curriculum for the overall development of the child.
Features of Right to Education Act, 2009
Under this education become a fundamental right under Article 21.
- It also provides 25% reservations to the disadvantaged section of the society includes SC, STs, socially backward class, etc.
- It lays standard norms related to school working days, building, infrastructure, pupil teachers ratio, and teacher working hours.
- The act also posses the No detention policy.
- Appointments of teachers with the requisite academic qualifications.
- It also focuses on making children free of fear.
Schemes related to education in India
Following are the underline schemes announce by the government of India are:-
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme on Teacher Education (CSSTE).
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
Provision of education in Constitution of India
- Article 45 in Directive Principles of State Policy expressed that the govt ought to offer free and required education to all or any until the age of fourteen within 10 years from the commencement of the Constitution. Since Article 21A come into force by the 86th Constitutional Amendment Act of 2002. It created educational activity as a fundamental right instead of a directive principle.
- Article 45 goes through an amendment to supply early childhood care and education to children below the age of 6 years.
Therefore, every citizen must get an opportunity to urge to get access to education which can modify them to evaluate, weigh and build selections for themselves. It is a life-changer for many people worldwide, especially those belonging to the underprivileged sector to outshine.